How to Tell Your Personal Brand Story
Brittani Miller is a communications and marketing maven who has worked with brands like McDonalds, Lexus, Toyota, and F45. Brittani understands that the key for small business owners building new relationships is having intentional conversations.
Brittani is also an expert trainer inside The Bold Digital Incubator. During her training, Brittani touches on how to tell your personal brand story. This was especially informative for the coaches, consultants, and service based business owners in our group. Dive in below to get some key takeaways from the training.
Key Lessons during the Business Communications Training
1. You have to get people to experience the product. Experience with something connects people more with the item or service. Brainstorm on some ways that you can create an experience around your service or product.
2. Work advertising and working events to get in front of people. Because your business is represented by a person, you, it is important that potential customers see your face.
3. Engaging with people is important. People like people.
4. You don't have to talk about your product directly all the time. Sometimes your customer just want to know you care about their journey not just your product. Don't just give your customers an opportunity to buy. Give them an opportunity to know your brand story, your staff, etc.
5. Communication is about what you say, how you say it and who you say it to. It is not just about saying sentences.
6. What is your relationship to the person you are speaking to? Knowing this will determine how you handle the conversation.
7. Build a rapport over time with your clients, Rome wasn't built in a day! So if you think you'll get it right on the first post or email, think again.
8. What questions are people asking in the industry? Be one of the first to come to the table with solutions.
9. Show vulnerability and transparency. This goes a long way with potential customers.
10. Connect with people on more than just your business. You are more than just a business, you are a person who has interests, hobbies and inspirations.
11. Gain influence that will last, communication is a marathon- not a sprint. Find a way to establish yourself as an authority in your industry.
12. Remember that people have assumptions about you. Dispel them by creating honest communication through your marketing.
13. Be of value with your words! Want to gain trust? Always be educating.
14. There are tricks to create an authentic memory and connection (more details in the class).
15. Be observant to stay on trend and updated in your community. Research is something that you'll never finish accomplishing. You can never know too much.
16.Give back! help other people, how do you want other people to perceive you?
17. There is a formula to get people to stop and read your content! (more details in the class)
18. Have your content read in a way that makes sense and matches your brand voice.
19. There are so many ways to batch your content to stay stress free! (content recycling tips inside the class).
Want access to Brittani's training plus over 50 digital business tools and a chance to win up to $500 for your startup? Become a member of The Bold Digital for only four payments of $99.25.
Leave a comment